[Samba] Smb signing - how can I check?

Pence, Alan adp at ti.com
Fri Jan 9 22:44:03 GMT 2004

Thanks Jerry,

I checked the forgotten manual (actually three of them), and looked through
the man page (for 2.2.8a) for smb.conf but didn't find information on smb
signing that looked to be the right stuff.  There is mention of Lanman
signing and other authentication lookups, but not about the secure smb
exchange controled by the settings in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\Param
eters\
 and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanserver\Parameters
\

The mentioned error is also called Delayed Write Falures (with error code
c000022c).

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsea
rch.asp%3FArticle%3D293842
 and
http://www.tangent-systems.com/support/delayedwrite.html
 and

I may be looking in the wrong spot.  What I was hoping to find out is can I
switch it off?  And can I check that setting within testparam or someplace
else?

Regards,
Alan Pence
ITS System Administrator

 "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool."