[Samba] Found my answer...New Question.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Jan 9 20:15:12 GMT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jay Taylor wrote:

> I have found my own answers... :)
>
> Did I just miss this information (or is it not listed anywhere obvious)
> that when you add a drive to the Linux box for FAT32 use with samba,
> that it is located, on the Linux box, at /home/user/mnt/nameyougaveit?

There is no need to use FAT32 on any file system that is exported via
Samba. If you must advertise a file system as type FAT, simply put in the
share definition in smb.conf:

[share]
	fstype = FAT

> I do have the Official Samba-3 book and plan to read it starting
> tonight.  Is there anything IMPORTANT I need to know if I still use
> 2.28?

Samba-3 has many new features. Start with Chapter 2 of the book. It will
help you to get started.

Cheers,
John T.
--