[Samba] Please Help with Secondary Groups

MICHAEL BROWN MBROWN at mesainc.com
Fri Jan 9 19:27:21 GMT 2004

System:
I am running RedHat 8.0 (2.4.18-14smp) with SAMBA 2.7 and user
authentication against OpenLDAP 2.1.22.

Problem:
On RedHat, Put over (I think 70 or so) users within a secondary group.
Got to Konqueror or Nautilus and try to change
a directory's permissions to that group with over 70 or so users in it,
(it may be 80 or 90 users), YOU CAN NOT assign that
group to have ownership of that directory or any directory.  It will
revert back to what the ownership was before.  You CAN NOT
assign the group rights with a chmod either.

MANDRAKE 8.2 WILL ALLOW THIS, HOWEVER!

DOES ANYONE know what I may be missing on Redhat?  This is killing me!

Thanks!

mbrown at mesainc.com