[Samba] samba profiles tool

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Jan 9 15:08:59 GMT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Davide Frey wrote:

> Where is this tool supposed to be?
> I install the debian packages for version 3.0.1 of samba and
> samba-common, and I can't locate the profiles tool for editing user
> profiles.
> Does anyone know where I can get this tool.

Well, you know what they say about those who package software?
You take code to a package but you can't make him package it.

You will find two very useful utilities in the Samba code tarball:

	~samba/source/utils/
		editreg.c
		profiles.c

Both are needed if you want to manage profiles, both compile easily,
neither are necessary to "run" Samba and thus are seldom included where
they ought to be.

So this means that you will have to build them yourself if your package
thought they should not be included in a binary distribution.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org