[Samba] roaming profiles...

kent E. kent-cdr at greendot.com.ph
Fri Jan 9 05:54:53 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 10:45, Kent L. Nasveschuk wrote:
> I don't use roaming profile for this reason.

i didn't enable this in the first place, but with my first logon pc it
is what the error says that i can't connect to the \\server\profiles ...
so i was thinking that maybe they needed it most so i just find ways to
enable it...

> You tell 'em don't store everything on the desktop or it will take a long time to login, and they
> do the opposite.

some users forgets...

> There is no advantage to these in my opinion also.
for me maybe yes... if ever i will reformat that pc ... then i have same
desktop and some (small) files

> I don't have the advantage of having many machines that are identical in
> terms of software installed. A person that moves to another machine is
> going to have a bunch of icons that lead nowhere.

> I'm content with storing profiles on the local machine.
i guess i can disable this option and go to local profiles

> Say, where'd you get that first name Kent?

errr... i don't know ... but maybe from my grandpa... he is a US citizen
(i think)