[Samba] mounted share ownership changes

Andy Russell andy at hakunamatata.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 15:49:13 GMT 2004

Hi all
Have Samba 2.2.2 server which has been running for several years.
Have just re-installed Peanut linux on my laptop, now when I mount a
share as root (only way to mount share ?)
using ...   mount -t smbfs -o username=andy,password=xyz //florence/data
/data
the ownership of the share changes to root. the share is owned by andy
as is the mount point.

How do I mount share & retain ownership by andy ??

Cheers andy
Just got it sorted by using .... mount.smbfs //florence/data /data -o
username=andy,password=xyz uid=andy gid=users

andy
--

    Hakunamatata....... No problem !