[Samba] How to copy to Windows share as non-root user?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 8 01:22:27 GMT 2004

My linux machine (linda) has a Windows share that I can see and copy files to as root.
The full Windows machine (wanda) was mounted with smbmount at /mnt/wanda.

I can see the entire Windows machine as a user but must be root to cp files.
Presently I get the error message: "cp: cannot create regular file"

How can I copy files to the Windows share as a non-root user?

Using Slack 9.1 Samba 2.2.8a and Windows 98SE.

Larry Alkoff

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX