Re: [Samba] Samba + Active Directory

samba_list samba_list at terra.com.br
Wed Jan 7 21:10:50 GMT 2004

Hi,

As Cedric suggested (thank you very much, man !!),  I´ve downgraded my
Samba
from 3.0.1 to 3.0.0 and it worked !! There´s no more "password asking"
window and no more Kerboros ticket errors.

Now I´m facing a new, weird problem: when my users can´t print 0(I´ve
installed Cups to manage the Deskjet 840c), they receive an "access
denied -
unable to connect" error message when they try to print.

From the Samba server box I can print using cat <somefile> > /dev/lp0.

I´ve tried to change permissions, 777-ing both printer spool directory and
/dev/lp0. The computer sharing options are: writable=yes, guest ok = yes,
browseable = yes...etc).

What is missing ?? Is there any config I´m forgetting ?

Thanks in advance,

Lindolfo Rodrigues