[Samba] The system cannot log you on now becuase the domain iis unavailable on XP Pro.

Jeffery Cox revjscox at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 19:47:39 GMT 2004

Yes I am using XP Pro. I have joined the XP machine to the domain
successfully. I am running Samba 2.27 on RHL 9. Whenever I log on to the
machine and attempt a domain logon, I am told that the domain is
unavailable. I have searched google many times with many permutations and
have not found an accurate solution to this problem. I have Win95 and 98
machines which log on without any trouble. It's only the XP machine that
fails. I am using PAM authorization and have disabled encrypted passwords on
XP.