[Samba] user management tool

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Wed Jan 7 16:39:55 GMT 2004

Le mer 07/01/2004 à 15:20, Andrew Gaffney a écrit :
> There was talk a few weeks ago about the possibility of a Tk-based user management tool
> that never happened. I'm planning on trying to do this myself. What features were to be in
> the one that never materialized? What features might people want in it? To begin, the
> program will only be able to do things that can be done straight through the existing
> command line tools (net, smbpasswd, etc.). Thoughts, questions, comments?

You should have a look at ksambaplugin, it is nicely done and gives you
many options plus user management. I know it is not the same thing at
all, but looking at how things are done in it, one could probably use
some routines on config files parsing, for a start. In fact this is the
first time I see something so easy and clean even a Windows debutant
would-be admin without a clue might be able to use.

david.morel at amakuru.net
OpenPGP public key: http://www.amakuru.net/dmorel.asc
28192ef126bc871757cb7d97f4a44536