OT: RE: [Samba] Samba groups

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jan 7 15:48:19 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 07:21, Jason Balicki wrote:
> >If you are going to use LDAP - you need to learn, feel comfortable and
> >use LDAP  ---  first
>
> While we're sort of on the subject, can you reccomend any decent
> LDAP books?
---
I learned the most from LDAP Systems Administration by Gerald Carter -
apparently the one and the same HP Gerald Carter from this list.

I would not say that it is comprehensive - it is not. It is instructive
and that was the important thing. The comprehensive learning commences
after you get the basic LDAP system in place and learn how to do basic
'posixAccount' unix authentication. Once you've got that figured out,
going back and figuring out how to make it work with samba, the smbldap
tools is a whole lot easier.

Craig