[Samba] excel files

Greg Whynott greg at calibredigital.com
Wed Jan 7 13:40:13 GMT 2004

Lyndon,
	I had a similar problem in a large m$ environment I worked within.
This was a few years ago,  but I seem to recall the fix was upgrading to
the 2.2.7 or higher.  I too at the time was using 7.3.  The other
application I found which will burn you when using earlier versions of
samba is Frame Maker.  It may be a locking issue too. The contents of
your config would help determined what the issue is.

for what it is worth I have to date upgraded several in production samba
servers from 2.2.x to 3.0.1 without any show stoppers,  these are
servers serving out several gigabytes of data a day,  others handling
thousands of requests a day (excel sheets, db, static images etc..)

take care.