[Samba] simple question

Fermín Galán Márquez fermin.galan at agora-2000.com
Wed Jan 7 09:16:12 GMT 2004

As far I know, you cannot use the same name for users and a machines
account.

This is the way that I follow to create machine accounts:

1. Create a "user" account in /etc/passwd (note the '$')

# useradd cpu3$

2. Create the machine account with smbpasswd (note now '$' is not in the
name)

# smbpasswd -a -m cpu3

I hope this may help you...

------