[Samba] Samba-ldap-pdc questions

Ron Liu rliu at email.sjsu.edu
Mon Jan 5 23:50:39 GMT 2004

Hi, There
I am setting up Samba(3.0.1-1)-ldap(openldap-2.1.22-8)-pdc on Fedora 1.0.
I used the RPMs for the installations. After setup, start both smb and ldap
without problem. However when I tried to add users with smbpasswd -a userid,
it gave me the following errors. Can someone point me to right direction, is
there anything I can do to do more test and diagnosis. I've copied the error
message, and the conf file for samba.conf and slapd.conf

Thank you for your help!

Ron Liu
Information Technology Consultant
Biology Department
San Jose State University
408-924-4860
rliu at email.sjsu.edu

[root at ts010 openldap]# smbpasswd -a bliu
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
fetch_ldap_pw: neither ldap secret retrieved!
ldap_connect_system: Failed to retrieve password from secrets.tdb
Connection to LDAP Server failed for the 1 try!
smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search: (unknown) (Invalid
credentials)
fetch_ldap_pw: neither ldap secret retrieved!
ldap_connect_system: Failed to retrieve password from secrets.tdb
Connection to LDAP Server failed for the 1 try!
smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search: (unknown) (Invalid
credentials)
fetch_ldap_pw: neither ldap secret retrieved!
ldap_connect_system: Failed to retrieve password from secrets.tdb
Connection to LDAP Server failed for the 1 try!
ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:
(unknown) (Invalid credentials)
fetch_ldap_pw: neither ldap secret retrieved!
ldap_connect_system: Failed to retrieve password from secrets.tdb
Connection to LDAP Server failed for the 1 try!
smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search: (unknown) (Invalid
credentials)
Failed to add entry for user bliu.
Failed to modify password entry for user bliu

********************************
#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
   workgroup = mydomain
   netbios name = ts010
   encrypt passwords = yes
   passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost/
   ldap suffix = o=mydomain,dc=mydomain,dc=com
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Comupters
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap admin dn = "cn=tsadmin,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
#   ldap ssl = start tls
   ldap delete dn = no
   server string = mydomain Samba Server
   hosts allow = 10.101.0. 10.101.1. 127.
   printcap name = cups
   load printers = yes
   printing = cups
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   password level = 8
;  username level = 8
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
*passwd *all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
;  username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
;   include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m
   local master = yes
   os level = 33
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon script = scripts\logscript.bat
   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
   logon drive = H:
   logon home = \\%L\%U
; name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
   write list = @tsadmin
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u
[home]
*********************************
my slapd.conf
********************************
# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 1.23.2.8 2003/05/24
23:19:14 kurt Exp $
#
# See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
# This file should NOT be world readable.
#
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
#rliu, 12/31/03
include         /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

# Allow LDAPv2 client connections.  This is NOT the default.
allow bind_v2

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
# service AND an understanding of referrals.
#referral       ldap://root.openldap.org

pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
#argsfile       //var/run/slapd.args

# Load dynamic backend modules:
# modulepath    /usr/sbin/openldap
# moduleload    back_bdb.la
# moduleload    back_ldap.la
# moduleload    back_ldbm.la
# moduleload    back_passwd.la
# moduleload    back_shell.la

# The next three lines allow use of TLS for connections using a dummy test
# certificate, but you should generate a proper certificate by changing to
# /usr/share/ssl/certs, running "make slapd.pem", and fixing permissions on
# slapd.pem so that the ldap user or group can read it.
# TLSCACertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
# TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
# TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem

# Sample security restrictions
#       Require integrity protection (prevent hijacking)
#       Require 112-bit (3DES or better) encryption for updates
#       Require 63-bit encryption for simple bind
# security ssf=1 update_ssf=112 simple_bind=64

# Sample access control policy:
#       Root DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Subschema (sub)entry DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Other DSEs:
#               Allow self write access
#               Allow authenticated users read access
#               Allow anonymous users to authenticate
#       Directives needed to implement policy:
# access to dn.base="" by * read
# access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
# access to *
#       by self write
#       by users read
#       by anonymous auth
#
# if no access controls are present, the default policy is:
#       Allow read by all
#
# rootdn can always write!

# ldbm and/or bdb database definitions

database        ldbm
suffix          "o=mydomain"
suffix          "dc=mydomain,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=tsadmin,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoided.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
# rootpw                secret
rootpw          {SSHA}nzEMEVTSdQYIy3jLsWn4xmQLQI/Cb0Tn
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd and slap tools.
# Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/ldap/

# Indices to maintain for this database
index objectClass                       eq,pres
index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub

# Replicas of this database
#replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
#replica host=ldap-1.example.com:389 tls=yes
#     bindmethod=sasl saslmech=GSSAPI
#     authcId=host/ldap-master.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM