[Samba] Printing from Windows 98

no number nonumber at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 21:16:12 GMT 2004

Hello World!

I'm working with Samba 2.2.8a-SuSE and am having a problem printing to the
printers I'm sharing through the samba server.  I can access disk shares
without a problem and print to the printers via the smbclient from both the
server and a telnet session from the Windows 98 machine.  I can complete the
add printer process on the 98 machine and it appears to add the printer but
the test page spools up and disappears without anything being printed.

I'm using O'Reilly's "Using Samba" book to guide me through and am using the
very basic example file to print.  I've been through the complete trouble
shooting section and have reached the point where I'm instructed to go to
the internet for help.  So here I am asking for some assistance in sharing
these printers properly.

Thanks

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost (127.0.0.1)