[Samba] Sometimes unable to browse w2k shares

rmi rmi at open-challenge.nl
Mon Jan 5 10:31:48 GMT 2004

Lo folks,

Plz i need some advice, im totally clueless at the moment where to look and what to do.
I have one samba 3.0.1 PDC and ten win 9x clients and two XP pro clients and one w2k print server with some shares.

It all worked good until i joined the w2k server into the domain. The first couple of hours after joining all shares and all printer were available on the win2k server. But then all of a sudden i couldnt see any shares from the w2k server on the netwerk.When i try to browse the w2k server shares via 9x clients i get a unknown error 31.
Even the ./smbclient -L //w2k/share -U aap doesnt let me see shares.

Sometimes after an hour orso the shares are again available, or else i have to stop and start samba.
What could be wrong, Does any1 have any suggestions?

Thx in advance

rmi

===============================
smb.conf
==============================
[global]
	workgroup = GENERAL
	netbios aliases = C001
	server string = Samba Server
	password server =
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
	log level = 5
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	load printers = No
	show add printer wizard = No
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /dev/null %u
	logon path =
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 40
	preferred master = Yes