[Samba] Admin user mapping problem (3.0.1)

Stringer Leon leon.stringer at nhs.net
Sun Jan 4 17:00:13 GMT 2004

Hi,

I upgraded our print server from 2.2.8 to 3.0.1 and have had trouble
subsequently. I can't add drivers with cupsaddsmb and have been trying
to investigate the root cause.

As far as I can tell, the appropriate administrative users aren't
working correctly. From a Windows workstation, logged in as the domain
admin, I expect to be able to change printer settings (e.g. Location or
Comment fields) or create files/folders in Print$ but get "Access is
denied".

I've been unable to add drivers for printers for weeks and will have to
revert to a Windows server if I can't get this sorted out.

I'm using RH9.0 and winbind.
net groupmap list lists
Domain Admins (S-1-5-21-2145034631-2117181475-4186310193-512) ->
ntadmins
(Which looks right to me).

The relevant bits in smb.conf are:

[global]
printer admin = @ntadmins, administrator

[printers]
printer admin = @ntadmins, administrator

[print$]
write list = @ntadmins, administrator

Please help, I'm at the end of my tether!

Thanks,

Leon...