[Samba] If i can make a request...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jan 3 07:07:59 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 12:49:24PM +0700, Beast wrote:
> Well, i'm just ordinary samba user, but if i can make a request for
> next samba release:
>
> 1. Samba should support ldap referral and has appropriate waiting
> slave database synchronized. ie, in smb.con we can give:
>
> passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://slave1 ldap://slave2  ldap://master"
> sync timout = 10
>
> or user shoud manually tell where is the master and slave:
>
> ldap master server = ldap://master
> ldap slave server =  ldap://slave1
>
> this way, samba will search for master when need to write access to ldap.
>

> These feature is important for multi site accross wan.

This should be be working already:

passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://slave1 ldap://slave2  ldap://master"

is correct, and has been in 3.0 for a *long* time

I recently added 'ldap replication sleep' to allow the slave time to
catch up with the master.  This is in current Samba 3.0 CVS.

Andrew Bartlett