[Samba] First stable version of LDAP Account Manager (0.4.4)
gruberr at in.tum.de
Sun Feb 29 20:41:08 GMT 2004
LDAP Account Manager (LAM) 0.4.4 - February 29th, 2004
A web frontend for managing accounts stored in an OpenLDAP server.
After a year of developing LDAP Account Manager we think that LAM has
reached a state where we can declare it stable.
Thanks a lot to all the people that helped us to improve LAM and make it
such a great tool.
Special thanks go to:
- Clement Laforet for maintaining LAM in FreeBSD
- Matthew Palmer/Andreas Barth who sponsor LAM for Debian
- Zoltan Lohner/Oota Toshiya for their translations
- Andreas Rehm who wrote a howto for LAM
- John H. Terpstra for writing about LAM in his books
- all the people on lam-public and bug submitters
This version closes a lot of minor bugs. There are no new features.
LAM is a set of PHP-scripts to administrate entries of a LDAP server.
User, group and Samba accounts can be displayed, searched, filtered,
added, removed and edited over an easy to use web interface. Even the
configuration options are embedded in the interface.
- management of Unix user and group accounts (posixAccount/posixGroup)
- management of Samba 2.x/3 user and host accounts
- profiles for account creation
- editor for organizational units (OU)
- account creation via file upload
- automatic creation/deletion of home directories
- setting quotas
- support for LDAP+SSL
- multi-language support (English, German, Hungarian, Japanese)
- multiple configuration files
- PDF output for user/group/host accounts
- additional text for user PDFs
- supports multiple password hashes
This software is available under the GNU General Public License V2.0.
You can get the newest version at http://lam.sf.net.
File formats: DEB, tar.gz
There is also a FreeBSD port.
Debian users may use the packages in unstable or on Debian Mentors.
If you find a bug please file a bug report. For questions or
implementing new features please use the forum and feature request
tracker at our Sourceforge homepage http://www.sf.net/projects/lam.
Author & Copyright:
Copyright (C) 2003 - 2004:
Michael Duergner <michael at duergner.com>
Roland Gruber <post at rolandgruber.de>
Tilo Lutz <tilolutz at gmx.de>
Leonhard Walchshäusl <dechutes at gmx.net>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
More information about the samba