[Samba] Performances network samba

Marcel de Riedmatten mdr at dotforge.ch
Sat Feb 28 03:21:17 GMT 2004

Le ven 27/02/2004 à 08:53, Xavier Poirier a écrit :
> En réponse à Marcel de Riedmatten <mdr at dotforge.ch>:

> It seems a little faster in the readonly mode !
> But I will ask in the OpenOffice MailingList why they are not caching
> the network files on the client for not read those files everytime you
> start Ooo.

I am using the quickstart. It start in 10s when the windows user login.
It keep 69 files open per user. Then  writer and other apps start in 1
or 2 seconds. This is whith oo 1.01, samba 2.2.8a, clients athlon
XP1800+w2k, server is celeron 1000 with ide disks, 100Mb/s switched
ethernet, nothing fancy. This is a small network, about 10 users.

[apps]
        comment = Applications réseau
        path = /var/spool/samba/apps
        read only = Yes
        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No
        #write list = NOFIDA/administrateur

> What are the default values of the tuning options of a share ?
> I mean : "block size" "write cache size" , have you tryed to modify
> these values ?

block size = 1024
write cache size = 0

I didn't play with that but i remember that it went better once i
removed oplock.

--
Marcel de Riedmatten