[Samba] Can't login to Samba PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 28 02:27:14 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 16:22, Scott Gross wrote:
> We're trying to migrate from a windows NT domain to a Samba domain.  I've
> installed Samba 3.0.2a with an LDAP backend.  The server seems to be running
> fine as I can browse the shares from a non-domain Win2k workstation after a
> successful password check.  The workstations join the domain just fine but
> after I join them to the domain I can't log in to them.  I've checked my
> schannel and sign or seal settings in the Samba server and the workstation
> but still no luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated, I've been working at
> this for about two months now and I'm just getting frustrated.
----
Not enough information to give a meaningful answer.

1 - signorseal settings applicable to Samba 2.x not 3.x

2 - logs?  why would you think that /var/log/samba/smbd.log,
/var/log/samba/log.nmbd, /var/log/samba/ip.of.connecting.system wouldn't
give you real clues to what's going on?

3 - migrate? as in net rpc vampire? - how certain are you that LDAP is
working? Does LDAP handle linux login? Are you logging ldap connections
etc?

4 - you seem to have not stated the required - I have read the 'how-to'
at <http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/>

5 - net getlocalsid  /  ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b 'base-of-ldap'
'(cn=Domain User)'   #do they sid portions match?

Craig