[Samba] ADS mode fails and I need to kinit to access shares again

frank at localhost.localdomain frank at localhost.localdomain
Fri Feb 27 07:22:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has run into this:

I've found a problem where if I use ADS security it works fine for a
while then all of a sudden I can't get access to shares and I have to run
kinit again ? If I switch to DOMAIN securiy it works fine.  Is the server
having trouble renewing kerberos tickets ?

I'm using Samba 3.0.2rc2

Here's my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TPA
        realm = TPA.COM.AU
        server string = Samba Server
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = *
        encrypt passwords = yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 25000
        deadtime = 15
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=819
2
        printcap name = cups
        preferred master = No
        domain master = No