[Samba] Persistant Z drive in XP - resolved

Moondance Foxmarnick calabash at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 23:06:25 GMT 2004

I have my cake and I'm eating it too! I commented out the "logon home ="
line completely and put in "include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%a". For the
Win95 platform I have logon home = \\%L\%u\.win_profile\%m and for the
Win2K (includes XP) I have logon home = \\%L\%u

Yippee!

As for the Z: drive... I just didn't realize that logon drive = was a
necessity for XP.

Chapter 6 of Using Samba was very helpful.

-Moondance