[Samba] 100% CPU eaten -- tdb_fetch failed

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Thu Feb 26 22:26:10 GMT 2004

Hello John,

JHT> You should run the tdbbackup tool every time Samba (smbd) is shut down.
JHT> Please refer to the man page for further information. The use of tdbbackup
JHT> is a very important step to prevention of catastrophic problems with tdbs.

It  should  be  a  good idea to include a tdbbackup run in the init script
that  runs  samba  (I mean /etc/init.d/samba). Why don't you include it in
the  standard  init  script that is included in the samba distribution? (I
refer  to  the  debian  packages,  I  don't  know  about  the other binary
distributions).

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi