[Samba] cannot add computers to domain with ldap setup

John H. mrmailer at myway.com
Thu Feb 26 17:25:31 GMT 2004

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain 'mydomain':  Logon failure: unknown username or password or bad password"

I get this since switching over to ldap for samba(everything else seems to work).

I have no administrator user, and root only exist in files, not ldap.

        add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %m

is in my smb.conf

Domain Admins (S-1-5-21-4070452498-3149834983-2923667569-512) -> ntadmin

that's in net groupmap list, so shouldn't any user that is a member of ntadmin be able to add computers to domain? apparently not, because neither they nor root user can, but they get that aforementioned error.

any help appreciated, thanks!