[Samba] Problem Authenticating on Windows NT-Domain via winbind

Knezevic, Mihael m.knezevic at porta.de
Thu Feb 26 15:57:27 GMT 2004

hi,

i know that the first thing i'll hear is rtfm. but i allready read it 4 times and spend some nights over this problem.

i got a debian woody (stable) linux box with samba 2.2.3a-12.3 and winbind for the samba version.

the nt-domain is PORTA#001-NT.

my first question is: is the # in the name a problem?

my second question: do i have to create a computer account on the pdc of the domain before i join the domain? cause i didn't and used smbpasswd −j PORTA#001-NT −r OURPDC −U Administrator . i received the messaged: joined the domain PORTA#001-NT. when i open the srvmgr.exe there is a computer account. but when i double click the account it states: Access denied.

i started samba and winbind and uses the winbind -t command. everything is ok. winbind -u and winbind -g also works as expected. but when i try to authenticate myself with winbind -a it doesn't work.
i tried:
winbind -a my_user%my_password
winbind -a PORTA#001-NT\my_user%my_password
winbind -a PORTA#001-NT\\my_user%my_password
winbind -a PORTA#001-NT/my_user%my_password
nothing works.

another thing is that i can't see/access my shares on the linux box from a windows box but i think that has to do with my previous questions.

every help is appreciated.

thanx in advance

mk

some global conf entries: