[Samba] homes-share broken in 3.0.2! any fix or workaround available?

Rauno Tuul rauno.tuul at haigekassa.ee
Thu Feb 26 11:35:22 GMT 2004

hi,

I ran also into the home share problem, as discussed earlier in this list
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-February/080593.html). But so far
I haven't seen any solution.
In samba 3.0.2 changelog is a line: "BUG 977: Don't create a homes share for
a user if a static share already exists by the same name." I don't know what
was changed, but it affected the behaviour of the home share.

My smb.conf important lines:

   logon home =
   logon drive = h:
   logon path =

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

In LDAP base has every user these lines:

sambaHomePath: \\alfa\homes
sambaHomeDrive: H:

Most interesting point is, that users that belong to the "Domain Admins"
group have home share and it gets connected automatically. It works also in
terminal server.

Other users have the home share, but it isnt mapped to H: drive. If users
searches up his homedirs from \\pdc, it is accessible. This happens on users
workstation and on terminal server too.
But executing: 'net use H: /HOME /persistent:no' returns an error:
	System error 67 has occurred.
	The network name cannot be found.

What is going on? Why the ordinary users can't have the home share mapped
automatically?

Is there something I can fix or I have to go back to 3.0.0 ? (3.0.1 was
anyway broken).

 Rauno