[Samba] strange issue with PDC, ldap and usrmgr

Frédéric Descamps frederic.descamps at x-tend.be
Thu Feb 26 11:28:23 GMT 2004

hi the list,

I have a problem that I cannot explain myself,

I have a PDC (samba 3.0.2a) with ldap backend

When I start usrmgr, I can see the users and the group but if I want to
modify something I always get errors like group name could not be found
or user name could not be found....

so I've tryed to add a user in linux with the same name of the samba
user in ldap and then it works... :-(

but if I do id and the user name it works on cmd line even if the user
is only in the ldap.

id mv
uid=1002(mv) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=513(Domain Users)

what is wrong ? how can I fix this ?

thanks,

fred