[Samba] probleb with 'passwd chat' and 'passwd program'

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Thu Feb 26 10:31:00 GMT 2004

Le Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:25:30PM -0800, Loc Nguyen a ecrit:
> remove
> unix password sync = yes
> if you're using ldap for
> authentication

Well, i add it for the 'passwd program' to be called as root (as said in
the man of smb.conf). Otherwise, it is not called.
I know that i can remove this and only add 'ldap passwd sync = Yes' but
i just want to understand why my script is not finished.
And i also tried samba with Oracle Internet Database : everything work
perfectly, exept the update of userPassword. Why ? i don't know. Samba
can update all others attribut, but not this one !
That's why i also need to use an external script.
--
Jérôme