[Samba] sambaAcctFlags for PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Feb 25 16:32:50 GMT 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Beast wrote:

> What should be the flag for PDC machine trust account?
> If I set to "S" then it will appear as "BDC" in NT server manager, if
> "W" then as "Workstation or server", if no machine trust then it will
> not appear on server manager list.

Go to:
         http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/passdb.html

Search for Table 11.1.

The X means:

String of 11 characters surrounded by square brackets [] representing
account flags such as U (user), W (workstation), X (no password
expiration), I (Domain trust account), H (Home dir required), S (Server
trust account), and D (disabled).

No special flag is needed for the PDC. If you enable domain logons, and
use default security it should automatically be a PDC.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org