[Samba] password changes with ctrl-alt-del

Geddes jgeddes at unb.ca
Wed Feb 25 15:40:08 GMT 2004

Currently I'am using samba for file sharing. My smb.conf file is basically
setup as default with a few minor changes. Therefore, my samba server is
not part of a domain. Right now users can map the samba shares with
windows XP... With this type of setup is it possible for them to change
there smbpasswd using ctrl-alt-del? If so any examples or hints on how
to set this up would be great.

I have tried a few things and the only way I can get this to work is to
make my samba server a PDC and have the workstations join the domain. The
version of samba I'am using is 2.2.7a.

Thanks