[Samba] must change password flag doesn't reset ?

Alan Munday samba at brightheadtechnology.com
Tue Feb 24 12:18:50 GMT 2004

Hi

I've searched the archives but did not spot this particular issue there.

Config. RH8, Samba 3.0.2a. Auth via smbpasswd.

I have a small office network where one of the accounts has had there
password expire and resetting the password just went round in loops.

I've tried removing the password synching from smb.conf and removing the
user from smbpasswd and re-creating their account with pdbedit.

In all cases the user is prompted to change their password on the next login
even when the password is reported to have successfully been changed.

All help appreciated.

Alan