[Samba] Samba3

Delagarza, Gilbert gilbert.delagarza at upbna.com
Mon Feb 23 16:27:57 GMT 2004

In order for Samba and Winbind to work properly in a active directory
environment, does the domain need to be in mixed mode or can it survice in a
domain set to native?
Just wondering since we are having all kinds of querky little problems with
Samba. For instance, we  can map a drive letter to that share delivered via
Samba but from that share not able to create a MS share that we can assign
NTFS and Share permissions to. Also cannot bring up the MMC and manage the
shares through that. (In the Samba HOWTO it states that we should have that
capability).
Our goal is to get RedHad with Samba to act like a W2K member server in an
active directory world and manager shares through the MMC andalso use it for
home directories.