[Samba] How to get rid of the \\my_server\homes share?

Kraa de Simon Simon.de.Kraa at services.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 23 13:12:43 GMT 2004

Hi TeeCee, all,

No, I only have the following section in smb.conf regarding the home dir
stuff:

[homes]
	read only = No

This results in:

\\my_dom\homes
\\my_dom\smithjohn

There is no [%U] in smb.conf.

If I delete the [homes] section both \\my_dom\homes and \\my_dom\smithjohn
are no longer available.

If I change it to:

[homes]
	read only = No
	browseable = No

This results in:

\\my_dom\smithjohn

Which is better but \\my_dom\homes is still accessible as you said - which
is not a problem I guess.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Simon.