[Samba] Migrate NT4 Dom -> Samba 3.0.2a

Michael Kuznik kuznik at montanhydraulik.com
Mon Feb 23 07:45:58 GMT 2004

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 21:40, Michael Kuznik wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm testing the migration of an NT4 Domain onto a Samba-Server.
>>
>>Now I'm at the point to migrate users and maschine accounts.
>>It works fine for some users but not for all!
>>This is the output:
>><-
>># net rpc vampire -w samba
>>Fetching DOMAIN database
>>SAM_DELTA_DOMAIN_INFO not handled
>>Creating account: Administrator
>>Creating account: Gast
>>[2004/02/19 12:40:28, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:add_smbfilepwd_entry(595)
>>   add_smbfilepwd_entry: entry with name Gast already exists
>>Creating account: TEST-PDC$
>>Creating account: akira
>>[2004/02/19 12:40:28, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:build_smb_pass(1150)
>>   build_sam_pass: Failing attempt to store user with non-uid based user
>>RID.
>

> Vampire is incompatible with smbpasswd - you *must* use tdbsam, or
> ldapsam.
>
> The smbpasswd file is just too simple to deal with the information NT
> provides us (RID in particular).
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Ok, now I have set up an openLDAP Server. It works for logons via ssh
login and so on. But when I try to import Windows Users with :

net rpc vampire -S test-pdc -U Administrator

this is the output:

<--snip--
Fetching DOMAIN database
SAM_DELTA_DOMAIN_INFO not handled
Creating account: Administrator
Could not create posix account info for 'Administrator'
Creating account: Gast
Could not create posix account info for 'Gast'
Creating account: TEST-PDC$
Could not create posix account info for 'TEST-PDC$'
Creating account: akira
Could not create posix account info for 'akira'
Creating account: lgm
Could not create posix account info for 'lgm'
--snap-->

What is wrong?

--
Michael