[Samba] LDAP replication

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 02:01:41 GMT 2004

Hi,
you better follow the official faqs on
openldap
for testing use Manager account as updater and do not use
a crypted password or ssl.
Slurp is sensitve to a exact copy of the
ldap db files i recommend after setup the master
stop it and copy i.e
scp -r /var/lib/ldap slave.host:/var/lib
then start the master ldap , slurpd and the the slave
if your system is doing the replication fine you can strugle around with
crypto and ssl features
Best Regards