[Samba] Samba as AD domain member

Wright, Tim (ANTS) tim.wright at ants.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 18:37:58 GMT 2004

Have answered some of my own questions by RTFM ( see below ).

Still interested to know if anyone has any ideas on replicating tdbs or if
ldap backend is much easier.

Also is there any way to get a user in a trusted domain with a unix account
on the server to exhibit the same behaviour as that which you get with
"winbind trusted domains only = yes" for the samba server domain i.e. is
there anyway to extend the behaviour to have a list of domains for which
winbind id mapping should not happen is an existing unix account is in
place?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

tim