[Samba] Lost Connection when transfering large files...

Spam spam at tnonline.net
Fri Feb 20 20:25:33 GMT 2004

 Using Gentoo with kernel 2.6.1 and 2.6.3 and Samba 2.2.8a and 3.0.2a.

 Mostly  when  I transfer large (100+MB) files from a WinXP machine to
 the Samba server I get the following error:

   [smbd] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(342)_
   [smbd] read_socket_data: recv failure for 34944. Error = Connection reset by peer_

 The  WinXP  machines also say "Delayed write failed. The data has been
 lost".

 What can be the problem and where do I start to look to solve it?

 ~S