[Samba] access denied LDAP -PDC

Chris Tepaske chris at lincom.net.au
Fri Feb 20 11:38:49 GMT 2004

Guys

I have configured a samba 2.28-a server as a LDAP PDC.

It is installed on Red Hat 9.0 server.

I can ssh into the server and logon to using ldap to authenticate.

I can browse to the server from my XP machine and authenticated using LDAP
accounts and see al the shares

What I cann't do is log on to the domain.

I have created the computer account manually using the samba - ldap tools

I have created a dummy root account with uid=0 in LDAP that I use for
joining up to the domain.

When I to join the XP machine to the domain I get access denied error

And yes I have performed the reg hack for XP

I have included the smb.conf file below

I'm going around in circles every howto I read seems to say everything that
I already have done.

[global]

## Ldap Stuff

 ldap admin dn = "cn=root,dc=lincom,dc=net"

 ldap server = ldapsmb.lincom.com.au

 ldap suffix = "ou=People,dc=lincom,dc=net"

 ldap port = 389

 ldap ssl  = start_tls

workgroup = office

netbios name = pdc1