[Samba] Printing issues w/ 3.x

Daniel T. Gynn dan.gynn at essensys.com
Thu Feb 19 21:36:09 GMT 2004

I am using Samba 3.0.2a on Redhat 9 with CUPS 1.1.17.  Since upgrading
from Samba 2.2.8, I have been having various printing issues.

1) When printing to an HP LaserJet 4 through Samba, if I collate
multiple pages from Word, it will print all the pages on one sheet.  So,
if I was two copies of two pages, it will print pages 1 and 2 on 1 sheet
twice.  If I setup a TCP port in windows that goes direct to the printer
and install the print driver locally, it will print fine.

2) Lexmark printers no longer seem to be printing PDF files from Acrobat
Reader.  Printing from other applications seems fine.  On a T612, a
message is displayed "900 Service RIP Software" and locks up the
printer.  On a T616, the printer acts like it is going to print, but
never does.

3) When not logged into the domain, but using a username and password
that is in a printer admin @group, I can no longer edit printer
properties on the server.  If I log onto the domain with the same
username/password, I can.  Under 2.2.8, I didn't have to be logged into
the domain.  Is there a parameter that I can change to get back the old
functionality?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel T. Gynn
dan.gynn at essensys.com
GnuPG Key http://www.essensys.com/~dan/gpgring.asc
Fingerprint: 0979 73B8 847A 349E 7363  66F4 6A79 DD72 495D CD60