[Samba] Building SAMBA3/LDAP in VMware

Tim Jordan timothy_jordan at labor.state.ak.us
Thu Feb 19 17:35:53 GMT 2004

I've worked with Samba 3 in an Active Directory environment.  Now it's
time to learn Openldap and eventually migrate an existing Active
Directory domain.

Looking for a good How To or Guide for Openldap, Samba 3, and Debian
Woody.

The State of Alaska is evaluating File & Print Server standards as they
are moving our IT into an Entrprise wide system (consolidating all
departmental IT).  Currently Novel & MS and being discussed.  I'd like
to get Samba/LDAP involved if I can present a good showing.  Currently
our Enterprise email system is being authenticated from Sun One.  It
would be great if I could configure Samba to use the Sun directory
server for demonstration.

Thanks,
Tim