[Samba] Problems with 'Case-Sensitive' settings.

Ziemba, Jason at Viera jason.ziemba at brevard.k12.fl.us
Thu Feb 19 11:39:23 GMT 2004

I am currently running 'Samba 2.2.7a-security-rollup-fix' on a Mandrake 9.1
box.
I have a few pieces of software that are unable to correctly utilize NFS
mounted partitions so I have resorted to using SMB mounted partitions for
this packages.
However, it is critical that the SMB shares follow the same rules that NFS
follows, namely being case-sensitive allowing 'apple' and 'Apple' to exist
in the same folder.

I have configured my smb.conf file (both globally, and per share) with the
following parameters:
-- case sensitive = yes
-- preserve case = yes
-- mangle case = no

I have restarted the SMB daemon (as well as remounted the partitions)
numerous times.  Each test to create multiple files with mixed-case fails
stating that file X already exists.

I can't locate the parameter or missing piece to this puzzle.

Can anyone assist with this problem?

Thank You,
Jason Ziemba
Computer Programmer / Webmaster