[Samba] Re: Unable to join ADS domain

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 07:59:22 GMT 2004

At 1:00 PM -0800 2/17/04, Joe Howell wrote:
>OK, now I'm getting somewhere.  After rediscovering
>the -d flag in net, I ran "net ads join -Umyid%mypwd
>-d 3" and got the following output:

Rather than embedding the password, kinit Administrator at DOMAIN.COM first.

Then just net ads join

...And it'll use your kerb credentials.

I wrote an article for O'Reilly about this- it's centered on Mac OS
X, but asside from the fact that Mac OS X uses it's own method for
identifying users (while linux, etc use winbindd- there are good
reasons for this) the Samba stuff should be pretty much the same.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/12/09/active_directory.html

--

http://www.4am-media.com
Mac OS X Consulting and Training
mbartosh at 4am-media.com
303.517.0272
Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.