[Samba] changing unix password with samba

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Thu Feb 19 06:31:00 GMT 2004

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I finally figured it out by running
smbpasswd as a non root user.  It then syncs the unix password.  We are
a linux only shop and not a windows machine to be found anywhere.  The
web script I found to change the smbpasswd via the web can be downloaded
here:
http://www.unicom.com/sw/web-chpass/

Worked like a charm and requires oldpasswd and new passwd.

By the way, why are any of you still using windows?  Linux is free,
faster, more secure, more stable, blah, blah, blah.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again.