[Samba] smbclient failed- PLEASE READ

Paul Stanard paul_stanard at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 16:36:42 GMT 2004

smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = BATESANDWHITE
Server String = AlphaServer

./smbclient -L alphaserver
added interface ip = 192.168.1.239 bcast = 192.168.1.255 nmask = 255.255.255.0
password: <void>
anonymous login successful

Domain = AlphaServer.dom OS= [Tru64 Unix V5.1] Server = [Compaq Advance]

Share Name                     Type                          Comment
Error Returning Browse List: NT_Status_OK

Server                                                   Comment
AlphaServer                                           Advanced Server for Unix System

WorkGroup                                           Master
AlphaServer.dom                                   AlphaServer
BatesandWhite                                     Diamondback

./smbclient //batesandwhite/bwuser
Connection to batesandwhite failed

Do I have to make some more edits to my smb.conf to allow me to connect to the batesandwhite (NT) domain?