[Samba] Recycle module malfunctioning in 3.0.2a?

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Wed Feb 18 14:58:44 GMT 2004

Hello samba,

  I  have just installed Samba 3.0.2a (debian packages from samba.org) and
  I have found that the recycle vfs module does not work.

  This is my setup for a share with recycle enabled:

[dis_imp]
        comment = Disegni Impianti
        path = /ud0/dis_imp
        read only = No
        vfs objects = recycle
        recycle:versions = Yes
        recycle:touch = Yes
        recycle:maxsize = 100000000

Recycle  works,  but  it ignores the "touch" option. The other options are
working correctly.

Apart  from  this  issue  with  the  touch option, recycle does create its
.recycle  directory  with  0700  permissions,  disregarding any "directory
mask"   and   "force   directory  mode" directive. Must I use the "inherit
permissions" setting to get a 0770 permission on ".recycle"?

The  touch  issue makes it impossible for me to delete the contents of the
recycle  bin  based  on delete time, and the fixed permission (0700) makes
impossible  for  a group (as opposed to a single user) to work easily with
recycle bin.

Any solution for these issues?

Thanks.

--