[Samba] windows 2000 pro and SAMBA Domain controller

Jhun Bacala jhun.bacala at nccc.com.ph
Wed Feb 18 11:21:24 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I had a Samba configured as a domain controller on a separate network. And
i had a windows 2000 pro computer on different network. I want to access a
share on samba server but it always get a prompt for a username and
password. I have already added a user account and a machine account on
samba server but still I'm being ask of username and password.

Also, I enable the password encryption on samba server.

Can anybody enlighten me with problem?

Jhun Bacala
M.I.S. Department
NCCC-Davao