[Samba] Samba files

geralds assistance at ids-ug.com
Wed Feb 18 09:32:30 GMT 2004

Hi .
I've got a LAN containing a linux SuSE server(domain server), and some few
windows machines(workstations).
When i log in as a user on a windows machine and open the homes directory, i
see files begining with a dot (.) .

I've tried to read man pages and adjusted the smb.conf file so as to eliminate
the files begining with dot (.)  being viewed on the workstations but all in
vain.

Could any body out there help please, am stuck. How can i adjust my
configuration file in order to come out of this problem?

NOTE:
I tried to use; "hide dot files" and "hide unreadeable" parameters but failed.
In my configuration fole i have a line that reads;
 "veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/"   found in the global
parameters.
is there any parameter i can add to this line so as to overcome the problem
I'll be gratefull for yo response.
Rgds,
        Segie