[Samba] Samba 3.0.2/LDAP and Adding a Workstation to the Domain

Norm Dressler ndressler at dinmar.com
Tue Feb 17 13:13:54 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I recently migrated my Samba 2.2.8 network to 3.0.2 and the new Samba
LDAP schema.

Everything is working great so far.  In my old config I didn't have any
member workstations because I had only recently upgraded from a much
older version and that version didn't support Windows 2000/XP.

Now I want to get back to user profiles and login scripts.  I have tried
to join the domain from a Windows 2000 workstation and no matter what
user ID and password I enter I'm getting Unknown User ID or Wrong
Password.  I know the accounts I'm using exist and I'm using the right
passwords.

I've searched around and I can't find anything that relates to my
problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Norm