[Samba] Parameter 'dos filemode' - I'm giving up !

Joerg Redemann joerg.redemann at sabre-merlin.de
Tue Feb 17 12:49:07 GMT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up a share with samba 2.2.8a (SuSE SLES 8) with ACL
support and winbind where every user with write access to a file should
be able to change the permissions of that file.

According to the man page "dos filemode = yes" should do it - but not for
me. It seems that this param is doing nothing at all.
I'm I dump ?? What could be wrong here ??

Here's my config:

[testshare]
    comment = Test share
    path = /shares/test
    writable = yes
    create mode = 660
    directory mode = 770
    dos filemode = yes

And yes : the connected user is of course member of the group that had
read/write access.
Everything is working a expected - but not that "dos filemode" param.

Any clues ??
Joerg